Here at Club Vitae Maldron Limerick we make sure that we cater for all. If you cannot swim don’t worry. Our swimming pool is the perfect depth for learning and we have a dedicated children’s pool to teach your little ones a very important a fun life skill.
Swimming Lessons Limerick
Swimming Lessons are available for all age groups and levels, from beginners to advanced, adults to young kids.
Please email us or contact 061 436153 to discuss signing up for our swimming lessons.
Our Teen Fit combo ( 12-15 years ) offers a fun and interactive class that your teen can enjoy while making friends. Activities include Swimming, Aqua Aerobics, Boxercise, Spinning, Body Pump, Conditioning and much more.
|Note: This is a sample template provided as a guide only. It is not a standardised format for a Child Safeguarding Statement. Please see the following documents for more information about developing a Child Safeguarding Statement:
· Children First: National Guidance for the Protection and Welfare of Children
· Guidance on Developing a Child Safeguarding Statement (www.tusla.ie)
· Child Safeguarding: A Guide for Policy, Procedure and Practice (www.tusla.ie)
- Name of service being provided: Swimming Lessons in Club Vitae & use of the pool with a parent/ guardian at all times
- Nature of service and principles to safeguard children from harm: We provide access for children into the pool with the full supervision of a parent/ guardian. Swimming Lessons are conducted by Bubbles Swim and Sports Academy with all teachers safe guard training completed.
- Risk Assessment
We have carried out an assessment of any potential for harm to a child while availing of our services including the area of online safety when accessing the internet. Below is a list of the areas of risk identified and the list of procedures for managing these risks.
|Risk identified||Procedure in place to manage identified risk|
|1||Child in the changing rooms alone||Family rooms provided to ensure the parent/ guardian is with the child at all times|
|2||Private Swim lessons||Parent/guardian is on the deck at all times observing the swim lesson|
|3||Group Swim Lessons||All teachers are Safe Guard trained with the Male/ Female details on the notice board in the event of a child requesting help|
|4||Child Safety||All staff are guarded vetted & safe guard training min level 1|
Our Child Safeguarding Statement has been developed in line with requirements under the Children First Act 2015, Children First: National Guidance for the Protection and Welfare of Children (2017), and Tusla’s Child Safeguarding: A Guide for Policy, Procedure and Practice. In addition to the procedures listed in our risk assessment, the following procedures support our intention to safeguard children while they are availing of our service:
- Procedure for the management of allegations of abuse or misconduct against workers/volunteers of a child availing of our service;
- Procedure for the safe recruitment and selection of workers and volunteers to work with children;
- Procedure for provision of and access to child safeguarding training and information, including the identification of the occurrence of harm;
- Procedure for the reporting of child protection or welfare concerns to Tusla;
- Procedure for maintaining a list of the persons (if any) in the relevant service who are mandated persons;
- Procedure for appointing a relevant person.
All procedures listed are available upon request.
We recognise that implementation is an on-going process. Our service is committed to the implementation of this Child Safeguarding Statement and the procedures that support our intention to keep children safe from harm while availing of our service.
This Child Safeguarding Statement will be reviewed on June 10th 2020, or as soon as practicable after there has been a material change in any matter to which the statement refers.
Signed: Marita Byrne, Club Vitae Manager 061 436153(Provider)
[Provider’s name and contact details]
For queries, please contact Anna Keyes, Relevant Person under the Children First Act 2015.
Child Safeguarding Statement Sample Template
Section 2: Nature of service and principles to safeguard children from harm: Describe the nature of your services and specify the principles that you will observe to keep children safe from harm while they are availing of your service.
Section 3: Risk assessment: Children First: National Guidance for the Protection and Welfare of Children (2017) provides additional guidance on carrying out the risk assessment component of your Child Safeguarding Statement.
Section 4: Procedures: As this is only a sample list, you will need to add to this list as appropriate, based on the outcome of your risk assessment. Please see also Tusla’s Child Safeguarding: A Guide for Policy, Procedure and Practice.
Section 5: Implementation: At a minimum, reviews must be carried out every 24 months. The provider is the individual with overall responsibility for the organisation. This may be the chief executive officer, chairperson of a board of management, owner/operator, etc.
Relevant Person: You should include the name and contact details of the Relevant Persons, who are the first point of contact regarding your Child Safeguarding Statement.