Child Protection Policy & Procedure
- Children under the age of 14 are not permitted to visit the leisure club without a parent or guardian.
- No Child over the age of 7 is allowed to enter changing areas of the opposite sex.
- No-one under the age of 16 is permitted to enter the gym are, unless accompanied by and instructor during organised activities.
- Children using the kids club club must be signed in and out by a parent or guardian.
- Children between the ages of 4 and 16 are permitted to take part in swimming lessons and must be booked in advance through the leisure club reception.
- Safety doors have been fitted in both changing rooms to prevent children accessing the swimming pool unsupervised.
- Photography within the leisure centre is strictly prohibited.
- All users of the club must sign/swipe in at reception and no unauthorised access to changing rooms is permitted.
- Daily attendance records are kept for three years.
- All leisure club staff have Garda clearance certificates on file in a filing cabinet and potential employees must also acquire this before commencing employment.
- Physical contact between staff and children is kept to a minimum and should only arise when deemed absolutely essential e.g. a child getting into difficulty in the water.
- Parents are responsible for their children once the swimming lesson is over, so pool rules must be observed
- When supervising your child/children, please avoid using electronic devices or reading material as it may distract you from your child’s safety
Signed: Hugh O Neill Date: 1/1/21