Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions of Clubvitae Club Membership
These terms and conditions have been drawn up in accordance with the guidelines prepared by the National
Consumer Agency. Please ensure you have read and fully understand these terms and conditions before signing
the membership agreement. If you are not sure of any of the terms or phrases in this agreement, please ask a
staff member, who will be happy to explain anything to you.
- Membership of Clubvitae Leisure Club and use of it’s facilities is strictly reserved for the named applicant(s) on this form. Membership fees are not refundable, and memberships may not be transferred from person to person.
- As a member you must make yourself aware of our code of conducts displayed on our notice boards
- As a member, you agree to comply with all rules of the club, and the codes of conduct for each area, which are displayed on the notice boards within the club. We may on occasion, make reasonable changes to these rules, which include opening times, and will give you advance notice of these changes. This may be through notice boards in the Leisure Centre, so please check these notice boards for news of any changes.
- You may terminate this membership agreement on giving 30 days written notice, if you are unable to use the club through serious illness or injury likely to preclude you from using the club for a period of at least two months. We will request reasonable evidence of your illness or injury – eg. Doctor’s certificate.
- Clubvitae operates a membership freeze policy, whereby you may freeze your membership for a minimum of 1 month up to a maximum period of 4 months. Freeze requests must be made in writing to the Clubvitae manager / administrator. Membership freeze request forms are available from our reception.
- Direct Debit payments will be debited from the member’s account for a minimum period of six months, and thereafter, will continue to be debited from this account, unless the membership is cancelled in writing with Clubvitae. Written cancellation of memberships must be received by Clubvitae 30 days prior to the next scheduled Direct Debit.
- Direct Debits returned to Clubvitae and marked as failed by the banks for any reason, will incur a charge of €4.50. This is an administration charge passed onto Clubvitae by the banks when dealing with failed Di-rect Debits. If a member’s direct debit fails on two or more occasions, Clubvitae may withdraw the direct debit pay-ment option for this member, or cancel the membership.
- Individual membership is restricted to persons aged 16 and over (adults). Under 16’s may be added to an adult mem-bership but may not become individual members and will only have access to our swimming pool
- Persons under 16 years are not permitted to use the gym, jacuzzi, sauna or steam room. Under 16’s must be accom-panied and supervised by an adult at all times.
- Should any answers from the Health Evaluation Report overleaf change to “yes” during your membership of Clubvitae, you must notify a staff member immediately.
- All members must swipe their membership key-rings on every visit, to gain access to Clubvitae.
- Clubvitae and the Essence Spa Members Club occasionally use text messaging or email to contact members regarding renewals, opening hours, classes, events or special offers etc. If you do not wish to be contacted by text message or email, please tick this box This is as part of our environmental policy, in which we aim to reduce the amount of paper and postage we use.
- Clubvitae reserves the right to limit the number of persons using any of the facilities at any time.
- Clubvitae may temporarily withdraw use of all or part of the facilities for the purpose of undertaking maintenance work or any other work considered necessary.
- Classes, children’s activities or special events may take place at various times in Clubvitae. Where possible, Clubvitae endeavours to retain part of the facilities for general use during these classes or events. Notice of these events and classes are available on the club’s notice boards or from staff.
- Student and corporate members are required to produce valid student / corporate ID. Unemployed members must provide an up to date social welfare / job seekers letter as proof of status.
- Members are entitled to bring guests to use the facilities at Clubvitae, at an extra charge. Guests must be ac-companied by the member at all times. Guest fees are displayed on the clubs notice boards. Guests must fill in a reg-istration form at reception and notify staff of any medical conditions they may have. Guests should not use gym equipment unless given a full induction by a staff member.
- Appropriate attire should be worn at all times in each area ie. sports shoes in gym / swimwear in sauna and steam room / pool shoes or flip flops in all wet areas.
- First time gym users must go through a gym induction before using the equipment. You must book this in with a member of staff. Anyone using the Power Rack must be shown how to safely use this piece of equipment, and must adhere to the safety signage in the gym.
- In the interest of hygiene and Clubvitae’s environmental policy, swimming pool and jacuzzi users must shower fully before using the facilities.
- Swimming caps must be worn in the swimming pool at all times.
- Lockers are provided in the changing rooms for daily use by members. Padlocks are required to secure the lockers. Personal belongings may not be left overnight in these lockers. Clubvitae may remove items from lockers that have not been emptied overnight. Unclaimed items will be kept for 30 days, then donated to local charity.
- Use of the gym equipment is not permitted with out booking in for an induction with one of our gym instructors first
- Clubvitae reserve the right to refuse or cancel any membership, or remove any persons at any time.
- Membership term starts from the date of purchase
I understand and accept these terms and conditions, and agree to abide by these rules at all times.
Some of our T’s & C’s!
• All users are bound by the rules of the club
• A health questionnaire must be completed by all club users.
• Appropriate attire must be worn for both the gymnasium and pool areas.
• Swim caps must be worn in the swimming pool.
• Patrons must use the lockers provided.
• We have the right to refuse admission if the club reaches our maximum capacity.
• Under 18’s must be accompanied by an adult.
• Over 18’s only allowed to use the weights equipment.
• Children under 5 must have an adult in the pool with them.
• Children under 18 only allowed on the premises up to 7pm each evening.
• Al members must use their membership card to scan in at reception.
• All bathers must shower before using the pool area.
• Our Sauna, Steam Room & Jacuzzi are for over 16’s only.
• Any student or corporate membership must be accompanied by the correct ID.
• Our pay as you go is at the discretion of staff as members and hotel guests get priority.
• The pool and gymnasium must be vacated 15 minutes before closing to allow time to shower.
06.30am to 10.00pm
Saturday, Sunday &
08.00am to 08.00pm
06.30am to 07.00pm
06.30am to 08.00pm
08.00am to 08.00pm
Sunday & Bank Hols
08.00am to 07.00pm