Child Protection Policy & Procedure
- Children under the age of 16 are not permitted to visit the leisure club without a parent or guardian.
- Children aged 8 and over should enter same sex changing rooms
- Children aged 15 and under are not permitted to enter the gym are, unless accompanied by an instructor during organised activities.
- Children between the ages of 4 and 15 are permitted to take part in swimming lessons and must be booked in advance through the leisure club reception.
- Safety doors have been fitted in both changing rooms to prevent children accessing the swimming pool unsupervised.
- Photography within the leisure centre is strictly prohibited.
- All users of the club must sign/swipe in at reception and no unauthorised access to changing rooms is permitted.
- Daily attendance records are kept for 2 years.
- All leisure club staff have Garda clearance certificates on file and potential employees must also acquire this before commencing employment.
- Physical contact between staff and children is kept to a minimum and should only arise when deemed absolutely essential e.g. a child getting into difficulty in the water.
- Parents/Guardians are responsible for their children at all times.
- Once swimming lessons are over, children must vacate the area.
- When supervising your child/children, the use of electronic devices are prohibited and it is recommended that reading material should be avoided as it may distract you from your child’s safety.
Signed: Shane Kierans Date: 28/09/2022